Applied poetics is a theory about changing how we build brands and communities. I believe organizations today can speak poetically—whether through written voice, visual brand, or the culture and passion of their people.
- My writing philosophy, in brief
- Betrayed by the brand: How Moleskine made enemies of the people who loved it most
- Getting your brand story heard in a social media world
- When authenticity matters most
- Time to chase a new kind of dream
- When it’s time for change: Recycling and Redesigning Logos
- Discovering desire lines: How to break down barriers and let paths emerge
- 5 reasons why rapid prototyping works for creative projects
- Sharing the story of Red Hat’s brand and culture
- Comparing leadership cultures and creating change
- Inside the culture of Wikipedia: Q&A with the author of “Good Faith Collaboration”
- Darwin meets Dilbert: Applying the Law of Two Feet to your next meeting
- Participating in a gift economy: Are you giving enough?
- Jim Whitehurst: Don’t build a better mousetrap. Change the business model.
- Upgrading the motivational operating system: A conversation with Daniel Pink
- RT @aigaraleigh: RT @HeyMonkeyDesign: The @aigaraleigh #Homegrown with @jonathanopp is getting close to selling out. ONLY 9 TICKETS LEFT! 10 hours ago
- Having so much fun with this talk. My favorite writing tips & inspiration. @aigaraleigh 10/13 nwkd.co/1L5VZ7A http://t.co/Cvx1hqfyo1 1 day ago
- Yes. Amazing how a break with a book can inspire and lead to ideas: The Power of Taking Reading Breaks 99u.com/51227 via @99u 3 days ago
- RT @AIGAdesign: .@aigaraleigh: #homegrown's back 10/3! @jonathanopp on developing brand voice w/ personality rlghd.co/hg10-13 http://… 1 week ago
- RT @newkind: How do you define your brand’s writing personality? Find out with @jonathanopp at this @aigaraleigh lunch and learn: http://t.… 1 week ago
8-bit 52 rules of thumb advertising applied poetics architecture authenticity A Whole New Mind Brand business models Chris Brogan CoachKconference collaboration community content strategy creative process creativity culture curator Dan Heath Daniel Pink David Burney Design design thinking dj spooky Drive eames Emerging Issues Forum emotion entrepreneurship Flow funding platforms gift culture Hemingway idea IDEO informed simplicity innovation Jim Whitehurst Kickstarter Kind of Bloop Kind of Blue leadership Lindsay Camp Made to Stick Matthew Muñoz meritocracy Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi Miles Davis minimalist mixtape motivation MUJI New Kind Nintendo North Carolina open source philosophy photography playlist poetry power of participation Red Hat rhythm science Roger Martin seeing storytelling thinking like a traveler Tim Brown Tom Kelley Top 10 lists travel Twitter venture capital Voice Walker Evans