Applied poetics is a theory about changing how we build brands and communities. I believe organizations today can speak poetically—whether through written voice, visual brand, or the culture and passion of their people.
- My writing philosophy, in brief
- Betrayed by the brand: How Moleskine made enemies of the people who loved it most
- Getting your brand story heard in a social media world
- When authenticity matters most
- Time to chase a new kind of dream
- When it’s time for change: Recycling and Redesigning Logos
- Discovering desire lines: How to break down barriers and let paths emerge
- 5 reasons why rapid prototyping works for creative projects
- Sharing the story of Red Hat’s brand and culture
- Comparing leadership cultures and creating change
- Inside the culture of Wikipedia: Q&A with the author of “Good Faith Collaboration”
- Darwin meets Dilbert: Applying the Law of Two Feet to your next meeting
- Participating in a gift economy: Are you giving enough?
- Jim Whitehurst: Don’t build a better mousetrap. Change the business model.
- Upgrading the motivational operating system: A conversation with Daniel Pink
- RT @LibbyLevi: One week (!) until you can all come see me on the in-house design panel, 😬 #hopdesignfest @ Red Hat… instagram.com/p/sNfuBZG70d/ 1 day ago
- RT @good: We're giving away 2 free tickets to @hopdesignfest in Raleigh, NC courtesy of @MOO. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interest… 2 days ago
- RT @jennoblekelly: You're going to want to hear this panel @hopdesignfest: When sustainable design & food intersect with @_standardfoods ht… 6 days ago
- RT @johnmaeda: "If there's a simple, easy design principle that binds everything together, it's probably about starting with the people." —… 1 week ago
- RT @KarlSakas: Just bought my ticket to @hopdesignfest (Sept. 3-4 in Raleigh). Thanks to @newkind for the preview at @aigaraleigh! http://t… 2 weeks ago
8-bit 52 rules of thumb advertising applied poetics architecture authenticity A Whole New Mind Brand business models Chris Brogan CoachKconference collaboration community content strategy creative process creativity culture curator Dan Heath Daniel Pink David Burney Design design thinking dj spooky Drive eames Emerging Issues Forum emotion entrepreneurship Flow funding platforms gift culture Hemingway idea IDEO informed simplicity innovation Jim Whitehurst Kickstarter Kind of Bloop Kind of Blue leadership Lindsay Camp Made to Stick Matthew Muñoz meritocracy Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi Miles Davis minimalist mixtape motivation MUJI New Kind Nintendo North Carolina open source philosophy photography playlist poetry power of participation Red Hat rhythm science Roger Martin seeing storytelling thinking like a traveler Tim Brown Tom Kelley Top 10 lists travel Twitter venture capital Voice Walker Evans