Applied poetics is a theory about changing how we build brands and communities. I believe organizations today can speak poetically—whether through written voice, visual brand, or the culture and passion of their people.
- My writing philosophy, in brief
- Betrayed by the brand: How Moleskine made enemies of the people who loved it most
- Getting your brand story heard in a social media world
- When authenticity matters most
- Time to chase a new kind of dream
- When it’s time for change: Recycling and Redesigning Logos
- Discovering desire lines: How to break down barriers and let paths emerge
- 5 reasons why rapid prototyping works for creative projects
- Sharing the story of Red Hat’s brand and culture
- Comparing leadership cultures and creating change
- Inside the culture of Wikipedia: Q&A with the author of “Good Faith Collaboration”
- Darwin meets Dilbert: Applying the Law of Two Feet to your next meeting
- Participating in a gift economy: Are you giving enough?
- Jim Whitehurst: Don’t build a better mousetrap. Change the business model.
- Upgrading the motivational operating system: A conversation with Daniel Pink
- RT @LeftyDesigner: When best practices work, use best practices. I don't want my dentist to be too creative. - @davidburney #lol #DesignThi… 1 week ago
- RT @LibbyLevi: #sketchnotes from a great lecture with @alinawheeler and @aigaraleigh @ NCSU - Burns Auditorium instagram.com/p/YjGwyBG7zz/ 3 weeks ago
- RT @aigaraleigh: "Brand identity is tangible and appeals to the senses."@AlinaWheeler Evening with the expert: 4/25 http://t.co/DuVelRa ... 1 month ago
- RT @aigaraleigh: AIGA Raleigh is proud to present author & branding expert Alina Wheeler at the NCSU College of Design on April 25. ... 2 months ago
- RT @DanielPink: Be mindful, meaningful, and masterly: 3 questions for Bruce Nussbaum bit.ly/VL9oYt (via the Pink Blog) 2 months ago
52 rules of thumb advertising applied poetics architecture authenticity A Whole New Mind Brand collaboration community creative process creativity culture curator Daniel Pink David Burney Design design thinking dj spooky Drive eames emotion Hemingway idea informed simplicity innovation leadership Lindsay Camp Matthew Muñoz meritocracy mixtape New Kind open source photography playlist poetry Red Hat rhythm science seeing storytelling thinking like a traveler Tim Brown Tom Kelley travel Voice Walker Evans